Sunday, November 25, 2012

Push Back



Ralph Waldo Emerson described this truth of human nature accurately:
Men succeed when they realize that their failures are the preparation for their victories.

POINT #1: YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES AREN’T YOU

POINT #2: YOU CAN’T CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU, ONLY YOUR REACTIONS

POINT #3: WHEN YOU STOP BLAMING, YOU TAKE BACK YOUR POWER


Today when I look at the kids in Haiti. I have more hope for them than I do my own kids.
The statement that has stuck with me about Annette's ordeal is "shocking to one's sense of fairness."

The Haitian kids don't expect things to be fair. But, they do expect to be able to have a rational and reasonable conversation.

They don't expect to be treated fairly by the government. The expectation by Haitians is that if you are noticed by an official (doing above average) your lively hoods, business, kids and land will be taken by the government.

When I am able to take a step back and look at the situation from Haiti. The most likely direction for the Haitian kids is up. My kids the next leg will likely be even further down.

No comments:

Post a Comment